10 Reasons Why Moving to Houston County GA is a Great Idea
1. Warner Robins GA has the lowest unemployment rate in the state at 8%. Well below the state average of 9.9% and the national average of 9.2%. With quality employers like Northrop Grumman, Frito Lay Logistics Center, Anchor Glass, Kohl’s Distribution Center, Sara Lee Southeast Mixing Center, and Perdue Farms all situated here, jobs are readily available.
2. Georgia’s #3 employer and largest industrial complex, Robins Air Force Base is here. With over 23,000 military and civilian employees and a host of off-and-on-base contractors who support base-wide activities, the total economic impact is $4.27 billion. EDIMGIAFAD!
3. Houston County Public Schools are in the top 25% state-wide on the Meeting Adequate Yearly Progress Indicator (No Child Left Behind) and top 15% for large counties (20+ schools in county). Also, schools here outperform the state average on 29 of the 30 Criterion-Referenced Competency Test system scores (equal to state average on #30). Whether it is academics, sports activities, or extracurricular programs, students and faculty alike regularily receive accolades at state and national levels for their chosen disciplines.
4. Rapid and continued growth in the county with a population increase of 46.7% in the last 20 years and 22.5% in the last decade. Job growth was up 28.7% in the last 10 years too, ranking #21 on CNN Money’s list of top 25 counties experiencing job growth and #13 on their list of top 25 towns were income goes the furthest in 2012.
5. Home to the Museum of Aviation, the second largest aerospace museum in the country. With nearly 100 aircraft, fantastic displays, and educational opportunites galore, it’s a one-of-a-kind experience.
6. Nationally identified by MSNBC (WalletPop) as one of the top 10 places to buy a home in 2011. With median home prices around $125K, and over 900 non-foreclosure single family homes for sale, there are plenty of good real estate deals for homeowners as well as investors.
7. The Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter is here. With the state’s tourism award winning Georgia National Fair, the Georgia National Rodeo, Georgia National Junior Livestock Show, and a host of other regional, state, and national events throughout the year, the GNFA is always a hotbed of activity.
8. Having fun is a hop, skip, and jump away: Things to do in Middle Georgia.
9. Higher education is very affordable with plenty of local choices. Technical programs, 2-year, 4-year, graduate, and beyond programs await everyone with a thirst for knowledge.
10. Your Houston County GA Real Estate Specialist, Anita Clark, stands ready, willing, and able to help you find the home of your dreams. Want to know who has the pulse of our communities? Who promotes our areas and knows them well? Who provides relevant and unbiased local information? Let’s GOOGLE it.