Here are the program requirements:
- Had an extended duty outside of the U.S. between January 1st, 2009 and May 1st, 2010
- Exceptions apply for those who had to return early because of medical issues
- Must enter into a binding contract before May 1st, 2011
- Must close on your home before July 1st, 2011
- First-time buyers can qualify for up to $8,000
- Repeat buyers can qualify for up to $6,500
- Homes to be purchased must be less than $800,000
- Gross income for single individuals must be less than $145,000
- Gross income for joint tax filers must be less than $245,000
- Home buyer must be at least 18 years old
- For first-time buyers, selling the house or not using it as your principal residence within 3 years of purchase may make you liable for recapture of the tax credit (can be waived)
- For repeat buyers, you must own/live in the property for 5 consecutive years (can be waived)
If you’re relocating to, or are already stationed at Robins Air Force Base, the tax credit can save up to $8,000 for first time buyers and up to $6,500 for repeat home buyers, NOW is the time to buy a home in Warner Robins, Houston County, or a surrounding community!
Visit my Warner Robins Real Estate website to preview a complete list of Homes for Sale in Warner Robins.
When you’re ready to buy, call me at (478) 960-8055 for all your Warner Robins Real Estate needs.