Byron GA 31008 – Byron GA Real Estate
What’s Happening in Byron GA 31008?
The city of Byron, Georgia, was incorporated in 1874 and originally thrived as a farm town and as a railroad station for the Southwestern Railroad. The city’s first mayor, Dr. C.H. Richardson, named the city after his favorite poet, Lord George Gordon (Noel) Byron.
In the early 1900s, Byron GA was a bustling peach supplier during the fruit season. That success culminated in Byron being one of the south’s biggest peach growers and shipping areas during the 1920s. Today, Byron, GA encompasses 5.8 square miles and is located off of Interstate 75 and Highway 49, 10 miles north of Warner Robins GA.
Byron Georgia is the home of the annual Battle of Byron, which started as a competition in 1979 to help spur community improvements. Downtown Byron is the home of a renovated 1870 Depot Museum and Caboose, Jailhouse Park, and a variety of antebellum homes.
For antique lovers, Byron GA has the Big Peach Antiques Mall, which showcases more than 160 dealers. Next door, car enthusiasts can visit The Generation Gap, which is a Classic Car Emporium. Patrons looking for fresh produce can visit the Tailgate Market which in addition to fruits and vegetables, has various arts & crafts, and baked goods.
Search for Byron GA Homes
If you have been looking for a good resource to search for Byron GA homes, you are in the right location. You can either use the Byron Home Search or one of the customized home searches below to find the Byron GA real estate you desire.
People & Demographics
The median age of the Byron population is 38.5 years. Approximately 61.46% of people are married and 11.06% are divorced. About 24.85% of people are married with children and 9.73% have children and are single. The average household size is 2.89 people.
Byron GA Housing & Population Statistics
As of 2013, the population is 4,517 people with 523 people per square mile (population density). From 2010 to 2013, the town has experienced a population growth of 0.025%.
The median home value for Byron is $119,700 with a median home age of 20 years. Approximately 12.01% of houses and apartments are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Economy & Household Income
The unemployment rate in Byron is 8.90% with job growth at -0.62%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be around 29.90%. The sales tax rate is 7.00% and income tax is at 6.00%. Income per capita is $23,677, which includes all adults and children. Median household income is at $57,465.
Climate & Health Index
Byron gets approximately 45.3 inches of rain per year with approximately 0.2 inch of snow per year. Number of days with any measurable precipitation is 106. On average, Perry has 216 sunny days per year. The average July high temperature is 92 degrees, and the average January low temperature is 33.4 degrees.
Population by Occupation
- Management, Business, Science, and Arts 24.53%
- Service 20.22%
- Sales and Office 26.10%
- Natural Resources, Construction, and Maintenance 20.97%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving 8.18%
Byron GA Public Schools
- Eagle Springs Elementary
- Byron Elementary School
- Kay Road Elementary School
- Byron Middle School
- Peach County High School
Nearby (within 30 miles) Colleges and Universities
- Central Georgia Technical College
- Georgia Military College
- Middle Georgia State College
- Mercer University
- Middle Georgia Technical College
- Wesleyan College
- 2 Year College Grad. 9.57%
- 4 Year College Grad. 13.92%
- Graduate Degrees 4.74%
- High School Grad. 30.32%
Area Hospitals & Healthcare
- 78th Medical Group
- Coliseum Health Center
- Coliseum Northside Hospital
- Houston Medical Center
- Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Perry Hospital
Other specialized medical services in Houston County GA include:
- Health Connections – Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Houston Heart Institute
- Houston Lake Med-Stop
- Houston Lake Rehab
- Pavilion Diagnostic Center
- Pavilion Med-Stop
- Pavilion Rehabilitation Center
- The Surgery Center
Public Transportation (i.e. bus/taxi)
The average commute for the working population is 22.71 minutes. Approximately 81.43% of commuters drive alone in their own vehicle, 11.68% carpool, 0.0% use public transportation, and 0.51% work from their home, 1.96% walked or used some other means.
Rail Service is provided by Norfolk-Southern and CSX. The nearest ports are Savannah (170 miles) and Brunswick (191 miles). There are three local airports which can be used by corporate or general aviators which include: Middle Georgia Regional Airport (Macon), Perry-Houston County Airport (Perry), and Warner Robins Air Park (Warner Robins).
These small airports provide connecting flights to Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Travelers needing a shuttle service to Atlanta’s airport can use Groome Transportation.
Arts & Entertainment
- ART by U – 3510 GA-41, Byron GA 31008
- Byron Tae Kwon Do Academy – 113 Gralan Drive, Byron GA 31008
- Custom Golf & Driving Range – 4015 GA-41, Byron GA 31008
- Ms Patricia’s School of Dance – 303 Main Street, Byron GA 31008
- Southern Outlaws Speedway – 230 W.E. Green Pkwy, Byron GA 31008
Byron Georgia Parks
- Kingsridge Park – 1432 Dunbar Road, Byron GA 31008
- North Peach Park– W White Road, Byron GA 31008
Nearby Lakes, Rivers, and Reservoirs
- Cleveland Lake
- Gibson Lake
- Gibson-Cary Development Corp Pond
- Juniper Creek
- Kraftsman Association Lake
- Merritt Lake
- Newberry Lake
- Scout Lake
- Stackler Lake
- Stokes Lake
- Twin Lakes
Restaurants (not chains)
- Captain Jack’s Crab Shack – (Seafood) 107 Chapman Road, Byron GA 31008
- Casa Mexico – (Mexican) 311 GA-49, Byron GA 31008
- Happy Wok – (Chinese) 6009 Watson Blvd., Byron GA 31008
- Mama Mia Pizza & Pasta – (Italian) 6015 Watson Blvd. #440, Byron GA 31008
- Martha’s Country Kitchen – (Southern) 311 GA-49, Byron GA 31008
- Mongros Pizza and Burgers – (American) 107 Chapman Road, Byron GA 31008
- New China Wok – (Chinese) 212 GA-49, Byron GA 31008
Your Byron GA Real Estate Expert – Anita Clark
Hopefully you found this information about Byron GA useful! As a Byron GA Real Estate Agent, I am committed to helping you find the ideal property for your needs or assisting with the sale of your existing property. I specialize in helping first-time buyers, foreclosures, military and corporate relocations, new construction, and re-sales.
Chances are you are here because you found me online. My marketing is very proactive and is provided to assist you in making an informed real estate decision. When ready, call me at (478) 960-8055 with your Byron GA real estate needs.
I love being a Byron GA Realtor®, let me show you how much!
~ Anita ~
Byron GA Real Estate – Byron GA 31008
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.