Perry GA 31069 – Perry GA Real Estate
What’s Happening in Perry GA 31069?
Do thoughts of Perry Georgia bring to mind southern charm, friendly people, and small town living with city conveniences? It should! Here’s a peek at what Perry GA has to offer.
Perry GA History
In the early 1800s, Perry, Georgia, was known as Wattsville. Perry GA was officially incorporated in 1824. Perry was named after Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry who bravely fought in the War of 1812.
Originally, settlers grew and cultivated cotton on the city’s rich soils, but grains, peaches, peanuts, and pecans have also flourished in the area. Perry was also home to some of the earliest industries such as the cotton gin.
Although, Perry GA was industrious, the residents have always maintained beautifully landscaped residential areas, and were awarded the Championship Home Town contest in 1948.
Today Perry boasts a population over 14K and is known by many as the “Crossroads of Georgia” because of it’s proximity to several highways.
Perry GA Annual Events
Residents enjoy the Dogwood Festival every year in dedication of the city’s beautiful historic areas. The annual event draws huge crowds and vendors from around the state.
Perry Georgia has been the home to The Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter (GNFA) since the late 1980s, and is the site of the annual Georgia National Fair.
The Georgia National Fair runs for eleven straight days starting on the fifth Thursday after Labor Day.
The GNFA is used during the year for ceremonies, meetings, various equine & livestock events, concerts, sporting events, and much more.
Things to do in Perry GA
Visit the historic New Perry Hotel, open to visitors since 1925. If you want southern hospitality with modern conveniences, this is the place for your special event or weekend away.
Shop in Downtown Perry. Recently renovated, it has many specialty shops to tease your shopping instincts. Penny pinchers can window shop or take a seat on one of the many street-side benches and enjoy the architecture, flowers, or people watch.
Take a stroll along the Historic Walking Tour and see over 50 wonderfully preserved homes, restaurants, monuments, and other man-made marvels.
Buy one-of-a-kind gifts or old-time treasures on the Perry Antiques Trail. Several antique stores, shops, and boutiques bring yesteryear back to life.
Saddle up for the Georgia National Rodeo held each February at the GNFA. Bring the whole family and enjoy the fast-paced entertainment of a live rodeo event.
Test your mettle by golfing at one of the 3 challenging Perry golf courses.
See what’s biting by throwing in a line or 2 at Flat Creek. This public fishing area 108 acre lake is stocked with a variety of fresh water fish.
Perry Fun Fact
Perry GA is the hometown of former US Senator Sam Nunn who served in Congress from 1972 to 1997. Senator Nunn memorabilia can be viewed at the GNFA.
Search for Perry GA Homes for Sale
Looking for Perry GA Real Estate? If so, you can use the Perry Home Search or one of the customized home searches below:
People & Demographics
The median age of the Perry population is 34.6 years. Approximately 51.0% of people are married and 7.3% are divorced. About 49.2% of people are married with children and 18.0% have children and single. The average household size is 2.65 people.
Housing & Population Statistics
As of 2013, the population is 14,926 people with 528.7 people per square mile (population density). From 2010 to 2013, the town has experienced a population growth of 7.9%.
The median home value for Perry is $132,800. The majority of homes (47.7%) have three bedrooms. Renters make up 40.6% of the population, and 14.5% of houses and apartments are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Economy & Household Income
The unemployment rate in Perry is 6.10% with job growth at -2.95%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be around 28.00%. The sales tax rate is 7.00% and income tax is at 6.00%. Income per capita is $21,306, which includes all adults and children. Median household income is at $56,305.
Climate & Health Index
Perry gets approximately 49.9 inches of rain per year with approximately 0.9 inch of snow per year. Number of days with any measurable precipitation is 105. On average, Perry has 223 sunny days per year. The average July high temperature is 91 degrees, and the average January low temperature is 36 degrees.
Population by Occupation
- Management, Business, Science, and Arts 40.9%
- Service 20.9%
- Sales and Office 20.5%
- Natural Resources, Construction, and Maintenance 8.0%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving 9.7%
Perry GA Public Schools
- Kings Chapel Elementary
- Morningside Elementary
- Perry Primary
- Tucker Elementary
- Perry Middle
- Perry High
Nearby (within 30 miles) Colleges and Universities
- Central Georgia Technical College
- Georgia Military College
- Middle Georgia State College
- Mercer University
- Middle Georgia Technical College
- Wesleyan College
- 2 Year College Grad. 8.3%
- 4 Year College Grad. 14.1%
- Graduate Degrees 9.3%
- High School Grad. 33.6%
Area Hospitals & Healthcare
- 78th Medical Group
- Coliseum Health Center
- Coliseum Northside Hospital
- Houston Medical Center
- Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Perry Hospital
Other specialized medical services in Houston County GA include:
- Health Connections – Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Houston Heart Institute
- Houston Lake Med-Stop
- Houston Lake Rehab
- Pavilion Diagnostic Center
- Pavilion Med-Stop
- Pavilion Rehabilitation Center
- The Surgery Center
Public Transportation (i.e. bus/taxi)
The average commute for the working population is 19.2 minutes. Approximately 88.0% of commuters drive alone in their own vehicle, 6.9% carpool, 0.0% use public transportation, and 1.9% work from their home, 3.3% walked or used some other means.
Rail Service is provided by Norfolk-Southern and CSX. The nearest ports are Savannah (170 miles) and Brunswick (191 miles). There are three local airports which can be used by corporate or general aviators which include: Middle Georgia Regional Airport (Macon), Perry-Houston County Airport (Perry), and Warner Robins Air Park (Warner Robins). These small airports provide connecting flights to Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Travelers needing a shuttle service to Atlanta’s airport can use Groome Transportation.
Arts & Entertainment
- Adrenaline/Big Indian Paintball – 301 Valley Drive, Perry GA 31069
- Cherokee Pines – 1000 N Davis Drive, Perry GA 31069
- Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter – 401 Golden Isles Parkway, Perry GA 31069
- Go Fish Education Center – Georgia Dept. of Natural Resources – 1255 Perry Parkway, Perry GA 31069
- Houston Springs Resort & Golf Course – 101 Fairway Oaks Drive, Perry GA 31069
- Kids America – 1300 Macon Road, Perry GA 31069
- Middle Georgia Tennis Center – 111 Hicks Drive, Perry GA 31069
- Perry Arts Center – 1121 Macon Road, Perry GA 31069
- Perry Belly Dance Studio – 736 Carroll Street #12, Perry GA 31069
- Perry Junior League – 100 Frank Satterfield Road, Perry GA 31069
- Perry Players Community – 909 Main Street, Perry GA 31069
- Perry Taekwondo – 229 Wes Park Drive, Perry GA 31069
- Tumblecheer Georgia – 1115 Ball Street, Perry GA 31069
- Zanshin South Gracie Jiu Jitsu (Veterans MMA) – 1201 Main Street, Perry GA 31069
- A.D. Redmond Park– 1534 James Street, Perry GA 31069
- Andrew Heights Park – 700 Charles Avenue, Perry GA 31069
- Barbara Calhoun Park – 1802 Tucker Road, Perry GA 31069
- Elizabeth Nunn Park – 901 Beckham Circle, Perry GA 31069
- Greenwood Park – 1417 Park Avenue, Perry GA 31069
- Johnny Noble Dixon Park – 612 Plum Street, Perry GA 31069
- Magnolia Park (Bird Sanctuary) – 1299 Duncan Avenue, Perry GA 31069
- Oldfield I Park – 1300 State Avenue, Perry GA 31069
- Rotary Centennial Park – 650 Gen. Courtney Hodges Boulevard, Perry GA 31069
- Welcome Park – 1033 Macon Road, Perry GA 31069
- Willie Teontae Williams Park – 909 Jeanne Street, Perry GA 31069
- Woodland Park – 618 Woodland Drive, Perry GA31069
- Bloodworth Lake
- Dumas Lake
- Free Lake
- Greens Pond
- Hackney Lake
- Hodges Pond
- Housers Millpond
- Houston Lake
- Howard North Lake
- Jacobs Lake
- Kersey Lake
- Kerysey Lake
- Lake Clopine
- Lake Joy
- Meadows Lake
- Mossy Lake
- Mullins Lake
- Rush Lake
- Sylvan Lake
- Wooden Lake
Restaurants (not chains)
- China House – (Chinese) 1019 St. Patricks Drive, Perry GA 31069
- China King – (Chinese) 273 Perry Parkway, Perry GA 31069
- Grill Master of Perry – (BBQ) 1509 Sam Nunn Boulevard, Perry GA 31069
- Ichiban Hibachi Buffet – (Asian) 1406 Sam Nunn Boulevard, Perry GA 31069
- Jalisco Grill Mexican – (Mexican) 1023 St. Patricks Drive, Perry GA 31069
- Kimberly BBQ – (BBQ) 1320 Sam Nunn Boulevard, Perry GA 31069
- Lucy’s Burgers – (American) 736 Carroll Street, Perry GA 31069
- Oil Lamp Restaurant – (American) 401 Courtney Hodges Boulevard, Perry GA 31069
- Rusty’s Downtown Grill & Bar – (Grill) 807 Carroll Street, Perry GA 31069
- Skipper John’s – (American) 1210 Macon Road, Perry GA 31069
- The Coffee Cup – (Coffee) 900 Carroll Street, Perry GA 31069
- The Swanson – (America) 933 Carroll Street, Perry GA 31069
- Yoder’s Sandwich Shoppe – (Deli) 1201 Sunset Avenue, Perry GA 31069
Your Perry GA Real Estate Expert – Anita Clark
As always, information about the city of Perry GA is provided as a courtesy. It is intended to give you a quick overview of all this city has to offer. For detailed information about this community please call me at (478) 960-8055.
As a Perry GA real estate agent, I am committed to helping you find the ideal property for your needs or assisting with the sale of your existing property. I specialize in helping first-time buyers, foreclosures, military and corporate relocation, new construction, and re-sales.
Chances are you are here because you found me online. My marketing is very proactive and is provided to assist you in making an informed real estate decision. I look forward to helping you satisfy your Perry GA real estate needs.
I love being a Perry GA Realtor®, let me show you how much!
~ Anita ~
Perry GA Real Estate – Centerville GA 31069
The data related to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) Program of Central Georgia MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.