Things to do in Middle Georgia: Halloween Events 2021
For the squeamish or those easily frightened, you may want to steer clear of these 2021 Middle Georgia Halloween Events. For the rest of us it is time to get your scare on with a visit to one, some, or all of these frightening, entertaining, and ghoulishly fun Halloween events in the local area. Be prepared for a spooktacular time!
Prepare to be scared at the Haunted Montrose! A visit to The Old Slaughter House, The Graveyard, and the Dark Maze are not for the weak of heart. Enter this nationally recognized haunted attraction at your own risk!
Dates and Times:
- Friday, October 1st, 7pm – 11pm
- Saturday, October 2nd, 7pm – 11pm
- Sunday, October 3rd, 7pm – 11pm
- Friday, October 8th, 7pm – 11pm
- Saturday, October 9th, 7pm – 11pm
- Sunday, October 10th, 7pm – 11pm
- Friday, October 15th, 7pm – 11pm
- Saturday, October 16th, 7pm – 11pm
- Sunday, October 17th, 7pm – 11pm
- Friday, October 22nd, 7pm – 11pm
- Saturday, October 23rd, 7pm – 11pm
- Sunday, October 24th, 7pm – 11pm
- Friday, October 29th, 7pm – 11pm
- Saturday, October 30th, 7pm – 11pm
- Sunday, October 31st, 7pm – 10pm
- 7pm – 11pm, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- 7pm – 10pm, Halloween
- The Old Slaughter House
- The Graveyard
- The Dark Maze
Admission: Purchase Tickets Here.
Fridays, Saturdays and Halloween
- $36, VIP FASTPASS, At Door
- $32, VIP FASTPASS, Advance Online Purchase
- $24, General Admission
- $26, VIP FASTPASS, At Door
- $22, VIP FASTPASS, Advance Online Purchase
- $18, General Admission
- $24 Per Person, VIP FASTPASS Groups of 10+, Advance Online Purchase
All admission is subject to tax and not included in the admission price.
Location: 1702 Second Street, Montrose GA
Contact: (478) 376-4559, Haunted Montrose
Disclaimer: Patrons who are pregnant, or have asthma, epilepsy, heart conditions, seizures, mental, physical or respiratory related medical issues are not advised to enter due to the use of strobe lights, fog machines, loud noises, graphic scenes, and high voltage devices.
Lake Joy Trail of Tears
What’s there to be frightened of? It’s just a pitch black dark trail in the woods with an assortment of “creatures” waiting to show you what terror is all about. Your chances of making it out are slim (says the optimist). This year’s 10th Annual Lake Joy Trails of Terror is inspired by musician and filmmaker, Rob Zombie.
- Friday, October 1st
- Saturday, October 2nd
- Friday, October 8th
- Saturday, October 9th
- Friday, October 15th
- Saturday, October 16th
- Friday, October 22nd
- Saturday, October 23rd
- Friday, October 29th
- Saturday, October 30th
- Sunday, October 31st
- 7pm, Ticketbooth Opens
- 8pm, Trail Opens
- $22, Per Person At Gate
- $20, Per Person Online
- $15, Kids 10 and Under
- $40, Fast Pass
- Super Hero Appreciation, October 4th & 5th
- $5 Off for Military, Police, Firefighters, EMT, Nurses & Teachers
- With Valid ID
Location: 428 B Lake Joy Road (south of Highway 96), Kathleen GA
Contact: (478) 338-4062, Lake Joy Trails of Terror
Disclaimer: Patrons who are pregnant, or have asthma, heart conditions, physical or respiratory related medical issues are not advised to enter and do so at their own risk.
Spirits in October
For a family-friendly event come out to the Riverside Cemetery & Conservancy during their Spirits in October for a guided walking tour featuring actors representing various spirits of Macon’s earliest settlers.
- Thursday, October 17th, 6pm
- Friday, October 18th, 6pm
- Saturday, October 19th, 6pm
- Sunday, October 20th, 6pm
- Friday, October 25th, 6pm
- Saturday, October 26th, 6pm
- Sunday, October 27th, 6pm
- Tours Starting at 6pm
- Tours Starting Every 15 Minutes
- 6pm, 6pm Limited Mobility Golf Cart Tour (3 Seat Max), 6:15pm, 6:30pm, 6:45pm, 7pm, 7:15pm, 7:30pm, 7:45pm
Admission: Purchase Tickets Here.
- $15, General Admission
- Free, Children Under 5 Years
Location: Historic Riverside Cemetery Conservancy, 1301 Riverside Drive, Macon GA
Contact: (478) 742-5328
Middle Georgia Pumpkin Picking
Cooler weather, yards littered with leaves, and the quiet crisp air on a sunny Saturday morning are all excellent indicators that Autumn has arrived. Another good reminder is the Jack-O-Lanterns that are starting to adorn front porches and lawns. Yes, it is time to do some good old fashioned pumpkin picking!
Whether you are looking for pumpkins for Halloween or just want to be festive, here are a few locations in Middle Georgia to check out before they sell out!
Lane Southern Orchards
With a corn maze, hay rides, and a neat gift shop, this is the ideal place to spend a few leisurely afternoon hours. The 2019 corn maze design is dedicated to Mercer University’s mascot, Toby. With all the things to do and see, don’t forget to go out and pick a couple of pumpkins before you leave!
Dates: Wednesday, October 2nd – Thursday, October 31st
- General Public
- Monday and Tuesday Closed
- Wednesday – Friday, 12pm – 6pm
- Saturday – Sunday, 10am – 6pm
- School Groups
- Monday – Friday, 10am – 2:30pm
- Ages 3 & Under – Free
- 55+ and Military – 10% discount
- Corn Maze & Hayride Combo
- Ages 4-12, $10
- Ages 12+, $14
- Corn Maze
- Ages 4-12, $8
- Ages 12+, $11
- Ages 4-12, $3
- Ages 12+, $5
- Mercer University Students & Employees (with Student ID)
- Maze, $6
- Maze & Hayride, $7
- Corn Maze
- Corn Cannon
- Pumpkin Checkers
- Pumpkin Tic-Tac-Toe
- Rubber Duck Races
- Face and Pumpkin Painting
- Pumpkin Patch
Location: Lane Southern Orchards, 50 Lane Road, Fort Valley GA (I-75, Exit 142)
Contact: (478) 825-3362 or (800) 27-PEACH, Lane Southern Orchards
Middle Georgia Trick or Treating
Are you ready for a ghoulish good time again this year? Ready to hand out some candy, check out all the fun costumes, and enjoy spending a minute with all the excited kids? If so, your wait is nearly over as Halloween will be here very soon.
It is important to know where you kids will be, who they will be with, and when you expect them home…safety first again this year!
For the communities that publicly posted their trick or treat times in Houston County GA for Sunday, October 31st, here they are:
- Byron – Undecided
- Centerville – 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Perry – 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Warner Robins – 6:00pm to 8:00pm
For the remainder of the communities, dusk until around 8:00 p.m. is always a good rule of thumb if times have not been posted.
Staying extra vigilant while driving and being aware of suspicious activity in your neighborhood is paramount to keeping the kiddies safe as they run to and fro chasing down as much candy as they can this week! It is also a great idea to have a responsible adult with the kids at all times. Have fun but be safe!
Middle Georgia Halloween Events Information
As you can see there are some excellent Middle Georgia Halloween events happening in the county again this year! There are also a variety of harvest festivals and alternative celebration options for consumers who do not wish to participate in Halloween activities. Whatever you decide to do this season, be safe and have a blast!
It is important to remember that while these Middle Georgia Halloween events are fun, many are disorienting with dim, no blinking lights, loud noises, dark spaces, and sudden sight scares so be sure to not attend if you have a medical condition that is activated or enhanced by any of these factors.
Check out these Halloween events in Middle Georgia then come back and provide details on whether you were scared or spared!